Super Snacks for Sunday's Super Game
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013
It doesn't matter if you're planning to watch the big game, a glitzy Tinseltown awards ceremony or a mega movie marathon – you'll need snacks! Regardless of your occasion, we've got some terrific suggestions that will satisfy any munching opportunity. From hot appetizers and traditional chips and dips to nachos, chili and even some healthy choices, our game time snacks will definitely score big!
- Kowalski's Guacamole – Look for both our original Guacamole Olé and Holy Moley Spicy Guacamole varieties as well as Fruit Guacamole, blended with pomegranate arils, mango and pineapple. Available in the Produce Department.
- Kowalski's Tortilla Chips and Kowalski's Salsa – Our salsas are available in Mild, Medium and Hot.
- Oranges – Cut a bag of Sky Valley Heirloom Oranges into wedges and see how fast they disappear. Who said snack food couldn't be good for you? Available only at Kowalski's.
- Meatballs with Kowalski's BBQ Sauces – Find your favorite sauce flavors – including Original, Bold & Spicy and Smoky Sweet – in the Grocery Department.
- Kalbi Bull Bites – Sauté cubes of Wagyu sirloin until medium-rare, then toss with everyone's favorite all-around steak sauce, our own Kalbi Marinade.
- Kowalski's Hummus – Locally made in small batches, this all natural hummus is available in Red Pepper, Spicy Jalapeño, Roasted Garlic and Original flavors.
- Kowalski's Nuts – A variety of snack nuts, from Colossal Cashews to Chocolate Dipped Peanuts, are available in the Grocery Department.
- Kowalski's Popcorn – If you haven't tried Jalapeño Cheese, now is the time. Also look for Cheddar, White Cheddar and Original flavors.
- Chicken Drummies – They'll be waiting for you in the Hot Foods Case! On Super Sunday, flavors will vary by store. You can also toss our Rotisserie Drummies with your choice of Kowalski's BBQ Sauce, Kowalski's Taco Sauce, Kowalski's Kalbi Marinade or your favorite wing sauce or Asian dipping sauce.
- NEW! Chicken Tenders – Soaked in buttermilk and coated in a special panko breading, these are the best tenders in in town. Pick them up at the Hot Foods Case. Great dipped in Kowalski's Honey Mustard or Kowalski's Peppercorn Ranch Dressing.
Also try these recipes, guaranteed to please everyone on your team: