Kitchen Tips - August 2014
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014
- S'mores are even easier with chocolate-striped cookies (such as Keebler Fudge Stripes). Just add toasty straight-from-the-fire marshmallows!
- Dried fruit livens up any salad with its sweet taste and chewy texture, but it can be hard to chop. Make it a little easier by lightly spraying your knife with cooking spray.
- Before your bananas get a little too ripe, peel, slice, then place them on a tray lined with wax paper and freeze until solid. Move the sliced fruit to a zip-top freezer storage bag until ready to use straight from the freezer in smoothies or milkshakes.
- Applesauce is a healthy snack that doesn't have to be boring. Go beyond cinnamon and jazz it up with nutmeg and ground ginger or kick things into high gear with ancho chile powder!
- A potato masher makes fast work of turning this season's delicious organic avocados into guacamole in a flash!