Basic Hot Hoagie
- 1 hoagie roll (find them in the Bakery Department)
- - sandwich spread, to taste
- 2-4 oz. cooked meat or poultry, warmed in the microwave
- - prepared vegetables and/or other toppings
- 1-2 slices cheese, to taste
Using a serrated knife, split hoagie bun 3/4 of the way through; press open on a baking sheet. Spread both sides of the roll with desired amount of sandwich spread. Top with meat or poultry, vegetables and/or toppings, then cheese. Place baking sheet 6-10" from preheated broiler; cook until cheese melts and edges of the roll start to turn golden-brown and toasty (1-2 min.). Remove from oven, close sandwich and cut in half on the diagonal with a serrated knife.