Celebration Parma Canapés
- 6 oz. tender asparagus spears (16-24 pieces), cooked to crisp-tender and cooled
- 3 oz. roasted red peppers (from a jar), sliced into strips
- 24 slices Parma Ham (prosciutto), divided
- 4 oz. Kowalski's Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, in 8 pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes (or slices of fresh fig)
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, sliced into 8 wedges (or 8 slices prepared mango or cantaloupe)
Bundle 2-3 spears of asparagus with a strip of roasted red pepper and wrap each in a slice of prosciutto; place on serving platter. Spear a piece of cheese, a tomato and a slice of prosciutto on each of 8 cocktail sticks; place on serving platter. Wrap each piece of fruit in prosciutto; place on serving platter.
Recipe courtesy of Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma. Selection and availability of ingredients vary my market.