Date and Blue Cheese Spread
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and minced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 3/4 oz. finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
Beat together first 4 ingredients using an electric mixer until completely smooth. Scoop directly onto an 8" serving platter; spread to thickly cover the plate. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with walnuts, lemon zest and pepper. Garnish with parsley. Serve alongside a basket or platter of whole grain crackers for dipping.
Note: This is also delicious on a thin wafer-style lemon, ginger or almond-flavored cookie.