Greek Yogurt Hummus
- 30 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- - water, as needed to reach desired consistency
- - garnishes, as desired: Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kowalski's Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, chopped Kowalski's Fresh Italian Parsley, Kowalski's Cayenne Pepper, Kowalski's Dried Oregano and Kowalski's Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
In a blender or food processor, blend garbanzo beans until smooth. Add garlic, salt, juice, and yogurt; blend to desired consistency. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Garnish as desired before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Calories: 54
Total Fat: 1 g
Protein: 3.7 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Sodium: 279 mg
A good source of folate and manganese, nutrients important for the growth of healthy cells in the body.