Hot California Cheese, Artichoke And Spinach Dip
- 1 (13 3/4 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated California Dry Jack (or Parmesan) cheese
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz. thinly sliced California Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- - crisp crackers or thinly sliced French bread
In large bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, cheese and garlic, tossing to combine; set aside. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 min. Add milk and continue cooking, whisking almost constantly until sauce thickens and boils (3-4 min.). Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice and cream; whisk to blend. Add to spinach-artichoke mixture and stir vigorously to combine. Spoon into 1 qt. casserole; top with sliced cheese. Bake in a preheated 400° oven until dip is bubbling and top is lightly browned (25-30 min.). Remove from oven; let sit 5 min. before serving. Serve with crackers or French bread slices.
Recipe courtesy of RealCaliforniaCheese.com.
Good to Know: Bravo Farms Silver Mountain, Bravo Farms Tulare Cannon Ball, Bravo Farms Daisy, Fiscalini San Joaquin Gold Cheddar and Vella Jack are California cheeses that are recommended for this recipe.