Goat Cheese and Green Chile Quesadillas
- 8 ct. package small soft flour tortillas
- 6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco, shredded or crumbled
- 3 oz. mild soft goat cheese
- 1 can chopped green chilies, drained or 1/2 cup
- - Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- - salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish
Grill tortillas on a hot grill until golden on each side. Arrange two tortillas on each of 2 parchment-covered baking sheets. Evenly sprinkle an equal amount of Monterey Jack or queso fresco and goat cheese over each tortilla; top each with evenly with an equal amount of corn relish, cilantro, jalapeños and scallions. Top with the remaining tortillas, pressing down firmly. Cover the quesadillas loosely with foil and bake in preheated 375° oven until the cheese is melted (about 10 min.). Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes to cool. Cut quesadillas into 6 pieces with a pizza cutter or kitchen scissors. Garnish wedges with a spoonful of the corn relish and a drizzle of sour cream. Serve with an additional bowl of corn relish for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen.