Grilled Shrimp with Two Dipping Sauces
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh shrimp, (16-20 per lb.), peeled and deveined, tails on
- - 12 (10") wooden skewers, soaked in water for 60 min.
- - Remoulade and Asian Dipping Sauce (recipes below)
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients (through pepper); set aside. Divide shrimp among skewers, using two skewers for each serving to keep shrimp from rotating when grilled. Place skewers in gallon-sized zipper-closure food storage bag; pour marinade into bag and seal. Marinate shrimp for 1 hr. at room temperature or up to 24 hrs. in the refrigerator. Grill shrimp over medium-high heat, covered, just until shrimp are opaque in the center (2-2 ½ min. per side). Serve with choice of dipping sauce.
ASIAN DIPPING SAUCE: Whisk together 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. honey and 1 ½ tsp. each of rice vinegar and fresh squeezed lime juice until honey dissolves. Whisk in 1/2 tsp. sesame oil. Stir in 1 tbsp. sliced green onions, 3/4 tsp. minced garlic and 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes. Makes about 3/4 cup.
REMOULADE: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 tbsp. each of sweet pickle relish, finely chopped Italian parsley, finely chopped shallot, tomato paste and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Whisk in 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard; season to taste with kosher salt, Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper and paprika. Makes about 3/4 cup.