Cheddar with Grilled Pineapple, Smoked Paprika and Honey Butter
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and sliced 1/2" thick
- - Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Velvet Bees Gourmet Honey Butter
- 6 oz. aged Cheddar cheese, sliced 1/8" thick
- - cayenne pepper and smoked paprika, to taste (optional)
Lightly brush pineapple with oil. Grill over high heat, covered, until pineapple is nicely charred (about 6 min. per side). Cut grilled pineapple slices into quarters; place a slice of cheese over each piece of pineapple and drizzle with a little honey butter. Skewer 1 piece each of pineapple and cheese together on a toothpick; dust lightly with cayenne and paprika, if desired.
This is great served with a chilled hard cider with a twist of lime.