Fresh Chèvre, Date and Speck Flatbread
- 1 Stonefire Flatbread
- - Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. Life in Provence Fresh Chèvre
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade (optional)
- 6 dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced speck (smoked prosciutto, in the Deli Department)
- 2 cups stemmed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- - crushed red pepper flakes
Brush the flatbread lightly with oil. In a medium mixing bowl, stir cheese with spinach so that the spinach becomes sticky (this will help it adhere to the flatbread). Smear the cheese-spinach mixture on the bread, leaving chunks in a rustic fashion; sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes. Distribute the tapenade evenly over the flatbread. Scatter the dates, speck and spinach evenly over the flatbread. Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 15-20 min.
- If you cannot find Life in Provence Chèvre, these following goat cheeses are comparable: Stickney Hill Chèvre, Pico Affine Picandine and Capra.