- 2 medium (about 12 oz.) Monterey Portabella Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 4 Kowalski's Take & Bake Garlic Rosemary Ciabatta Rolls, split horizontally and lightly toasted
- - garnishes, your choice: sliced tomato, arugula, lettuce and mayo
Preheat grill or broiler. Separate mushroom caps from stems; set caps aside. Coarsely chop stems to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add chopped stems and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until stems are tender (5-6 min.). Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper; remove from heat. Transfer to bowl of food processor. Process until finely chopped; set aside. Place mushroom caps, rounded side up, on grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil 4" from heat source until mushrooms are hot (2-3 min.). Turn; spread each mushroom with 1/4 of the chopped mushroom stem mixture. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender (4-5 min.). Cut mushrooms into quarters; serve two pieces on each toasted roll with desired garnishes.
Recipe courtesy of Monterey Mushrooms.