Frozen Lemon Tartlets
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tbsp. Baker's Sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 pt. Häagen-Dazs Zesty Lemon All Natural Sorbet, softened
- 1 pt. Häagen-Dazs Five Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, softened
- 8 fresh strawberry fans
- - lemon zest
In small bowl, combine crushed pretzels and sugar; stir in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press a scant 1/4 cup pretzel mixture into bottom and up side of 8 (4") round ramekins, reserving 1/4 cup of mixture for topping. Bake in a preheated 350° oven on a jelly roll pan (10 min.); cool. In medium bowl, combine sorbet and ice cream; divide among ramekins. Freeze, covered, several hrs. or overnight.
To Serve: Let stand at room temperature to slightly soften filling; garnish each with reserved pretzel crumbs, strawberry fan and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Good to Know:
- Select your favorite flavor of sorbet to add variety to this simple summer dessert.
- To make strawberry fans, make several cuts from pointed end up to, but not through, stem end; spread out on top of each dessert to form a fan.
- A zester is the perfect tool for cutting thin slices of lemon peel. Avoid the white pith under the yellow peel, as it is bitter.