Apple Galette with Crème Fraîche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- 3 unpeeled apples, cored, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 ½ tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Kowalski's Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Kowalski's Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Kowalski's Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 10 oz. carton crème fraîche
- - brown sugar, optional
Follow directions on the package for unwrapping and unrolling crust; roll into a 14" circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush crust with egg wash, reserving unused portion. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, flour, sugar and spices; toss to thoroughly coat. Pour apple mixture into center of pastry. Dot evenly with butter. Pull the edge of the pastry up over apples, leaving the center uncovered; pleat edge of pastry. Brush crust with remaining egg mixture. Bake in a preheated 375° oven until crust is golden-brown (35-40 min.). Cool 20 min. Cut into slices; top with crème fraîche. Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired.
Variation: Click here to view our recipe for Peach Galette.