Dulce De Leche Banana Trifle
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 freshly baked yellow cake layers (8-9" diameter), cooled and cut into 1" cubes
- 13 oz. jar Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup Snickers® or similar candy bar, chopped
In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk mascarpone cheese until loosened. Slowly add cream on high speed until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl periodically. Continue until mixture is thick and forms soft peaks; mix in vanilla and sugar. In a trifle bowl measuring approximately 8 1/2" high x 5" wide, layer 1/3 of the Dulce de Leche, 1/2 of the cake cubes, 1/4 of the mascarpone cream, 1/3 of the sliced banana, 1/3 of the toffee bits and 1/3 of the chopped candy. Repeat these layers. Finish layering with 1/4 of the cream filling, remaining banana and remaining Dulce de Leche, then the remainder of the cream filling, toffee and candy.
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen.