Chorizo with Black Beans and Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 lb. Kowalski's Signature Chorizo Sausage, sliced in half lengthwise, cut into 1/2" half circles
- 1 (14. oz.) can petite diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and jalapeño, sautéing until onion is translucent and soft (about 10 min.). Add garlic and cumin; cook 1 min. Add sausage; sauté until golden-brown (about 7 min.). Stir in tomatoes and beans; cook until bubbly and thoroughly hot (about 6 min.). Stir in pepper, zest and juice.
To Serve: Spoon into serving dishes and garnish with cilantro.