Herbed Italian Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon or lime zest
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- - kosher salt and fresh ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
Cook rice on the stovetop according to pkg. directions or in a rice cooker according to manufacturer's instructions. When rice is done, fluff with a fork; drizzle with oil. Fold in green onions, herbs, zest, pine nuts and cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can substitute another medium- to long-grain rice or brown rice in this recipe. Try other grains and blends as well.
- You can also use frozen rice; prepare it according to pkg. directions before adding oil and other mix-ins.
- If desired, you can use gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth to cook the rice instead of water. You can also try mixtures of stock and water.