Whole Grain Apple Cheese Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped apple
- 4 oz. Kerrygold Reduced Fat Dubliner Cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large banana, mashed well
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add apples and cheese; stir to combine. In another bowl, whisk together mashed banana, butter, egg, milk and yogurt. Fold wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined (do not overmix). Spray a 12-muffin tin with cooking spray; fill each cup with batter to 1/2" from the top. Bake in a preheated 375° oven until muffins are slightly browned on the edges and a fork comes out clean (20-25 min.).
Recipe courtesy of Kerrygold/The Irish Dairy Board USA.