Frosted Strawberries with Citrus Sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lime peel
- 3 (3.5 oz.) bars Perugina White Chocolate, coarsely broken
Wash and dry strawberries thoroughly; set aside. In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; set aside. In microwave-safe bowl, microwave (HIGH) 3/4 of chocolate until chocolate begins to uniformly melt (2-4 min.), stirring every 30 sec. When temperature of chocolate reaches 105° on an instant-read thermometer, remove from microwave and mix in remaining 1/4 of chocolate, stirring vigorously while checking temperature until it lowers to about 81°. Dip pointed end of each strawberry into melted chocolate; quickly turn berry, dipped end up, and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet; chocolate should begin to dry and set in 3-5 min.
Good to Know:
- Use a Microplane to finely grate the citrus peel.
- Frosted berries should only be made a few hours ahead of time.