Linguine with Kale, Roasted Tomatoes and Chicken
- 16 oz. dried linguine noodles
- 5 cups torn kale
- 7 oz. canned roasted tomatoes, coarsely chopped, including liquid
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Kowalski's Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Kowalski's Signature Rotisserie Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tsp. Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- - kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a large stockpot, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until nearly al dente. Add kale and cook an additional 2 min.; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. In a large sauté pan, heat tomatoes, crushed red pepper and garlic over medium-low heat (1 min.), stirring frequently. Add pasta and kale, reserved cooking liquid, chicken, black pepper and salt; toss to combine. Stir in cheese and lemon juice; top with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Good to Know: To quickly remove stem from center of a kale leaf, fold the leaf in half lengthwise and cut down along the rib to remove both leaves; tear into bite-sized pieces.