Fettuccine with Baby Artichokes, Parmesan and Sausage
- 4 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 baby artichokes, trimmed and quartered, chokes removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 oz. dried fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- - kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
In a large stainless steel or enameled skillet over medium high heat, sauté sausage until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring until onion is golden brown. Add artichokes, broth and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, 10 to 15 min. or until artichokes are just tender. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 min. or until juices have thickened slightly. While sausage and artichokes cook, cook pasta. Drain pasta; toss with butter and cheese. Add pasta to skillet with sausage and artichokes; toss. Season to taste.
To Serve: Garnish with parsley.
Note: Cook artichokes only in glass, stainless steel or enamelware to prevent discoloration and development of off flavors.