Roasted Apple Cream Sauce for Pumpkin Tortelloni
- 18 oz. Kowalski's Pumpkin Tortelloni, cooked according to pkg. directions, drained and kept warm
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 12-16 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- - salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste
Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until it is slightly brown. Add sage leaves; cook just a few minutes until slightly crisp, making sure the pan is not overcrowded and the leaves are not touching each other. Drain leaves on paper towels. Reserve sage-flavored butter. In another large sauté pan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Whisk in flour; cook 1 min. Slowly whisk in broth; simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in the cream and grille sauce; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook a few minutes longer until sauce reaches desired thickness. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Drizzle pasta with reserved sage butter and garnish with the fried sage leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen.
- Add sautéed apples, mushrooms and/or 1-2 tbsp. brandy to the sauce before serving, if desired.