Pizza Blanco a la Thanksgiving
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 4 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 3 balls (about 1 lb. each) fresh pizza dough (or thawed frozen dough)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Pigtale Twist Ridiculously Garlic Blue Dressing
- 2–3 cups shredded roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- - kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In large skillet, heat butter and 4 tbsp. oil over medium heat until foamy; add onions, salt and pepper, stirring very infrequently until caramelized and crispy around the edges (12–15 min.). Deglaze pan with cider; stir in jam until melted. Remove from heat and set aside. On a generously floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a circle about 16" across; begin in the center of each dough, working outward to the edges, turning dough to prevent sticking. Brush or tap excess flour from dough; brush one side with oil. Grill each crust oil side down on well-oiled grates of a grill preheated to medium-low until they are toasty and golden (2–3 min.). Brush second side of dough with oil and grill as directed for the first side. Spread about ? of the dressing on each pizza; evenly distribute 1/3 of the onions, turkey and thyme on top.
To Serve: Scatter arugula on pizzas; drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Good to Know: Tiseo's Frozen Pizza Dough is available in the Frozen Foods Section.
Recipe courtesy of Meg Dehmer from Pigtale Twist.