- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce*
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1" pieces on the diagonal, white parts separated from green parts
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup Kowalski’s Roasted and Salted Cashew Pieces
- 1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- - prepared rice or rice noodles, for serving
- *A note about gluten: To make this recipe gluten free, use a gluten-free hoisin sauce, such as Sun Luck Hoisin Sauce, in place of the hoisin sauce and use a gluten-free tamari in place of the soy sauce.
In a small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water; set aside. Season chicken with pepper. Heat oil in an extra-large skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking; add the chicken and white parts of the onions. Stir-fry until the chicken is light golden-brown (about 3 min.). Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; stir-fry 1 min. Add the rice vinegar; cook until evaporated. Add the hoisin mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked through (about 1 min.). Remove from heat; stir in the greens tops of the onions, cashews and sesame oil. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.