Kowalski's Chicken Chilaquiles
- 16 oz. jar Kowalski's Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Kowalski's Salsa (your choice of mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- - kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 14 oz. bag Kowalski's Yellow Tortilla Chips, crushed slightly
- 1 cup finely shredded Kowalski's Signature Rotisserie Chicken, warmed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (from the Imported Cheese Department)
- - garnishes, your choice: thinly sliced red onion, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños
fresh chopped cilantro and sour cream or plain yogurt
In an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat, stir together sauce, salsa and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened (3-5 min.). Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Add chips to pan; stir to coat, softening chips slightly. Divide wet chips between 4 serving plates; top with chicken and cheese. Garnish to taste; serve immediately.
Try this dish with a Pilsner.