Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Ciabatta Sandwich
- 1 Kowalski's Signature Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion slices
- 3 roasted sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup aioli
- 6 Kowalski's Take & Bake Ciabatta Rolls, sliced horizontally
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
Pick chicken meat from bones, discarding skin; shred into large pieces. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Stir in onions; sauté 5 min. Add red pepper. Stir in vinegar; continue cooking until vinegar is syrupy (about 5 min.). Spread aioli on cut sides of each ciabatta roll; divide shredded chicken among bottom halves of each roll. Divide balsamic onion mixture among rolls. Arrange cheese slices over onion mixture; broil 6" from heat source until cheese is melted and slightly browned (1-2 min.). Top with top halves of ciabatta rolls; cut in half on the diagonal.
Good to Know:
- Roasted sweet red peppers are available in a jar in the olive section or on the Olive Bar. Whole peppers should be cut into strips for this recipe.
- Aioli is available in a jar in the mayonnaise section, or you can make your own by combining 1 cup mayonnaise and 5 cloves of finely minced garlic.