California Grilled Cheese and Vegetable Sandwich
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 4 pieces focaccia bread (5" square or round) or French roll or Kaiser roll
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into rings (12 slices)
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced into rings (12 slices)
- 1/2 lb. eggplant, sliced into 12 slices
- 2-3 yellow squash, sliced into 8 slices
- 1-2 zucchini, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 green onions
- 4 oz. California mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- 4 oz. California Cheddar cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and orange juice; add thyme. Brush vegetables with dressing; place on grill rack 4-6" from coals. Grill until softened and slightly browned, turning once. Slice each focaccia horizontally to create a top and bottom for each sandwich; place on grill briefly until warm and toasted. Divide ingredients equally among 4 slices of focaccia; top with remaining focaccia halves. Slice each sandwich on the diagonal, creating 2 triangles.
Recipe courtesy of RealCaliforniaCheese.com.
Good to Know: Bravo Farms Silver Mountain, Bravo Farms Tulare Cannon Ball, Bravo Farms Daisy and Fiscalini San Joaquin Gold Cheddar are California cheeses that are recommended for this recipe.