Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. finely minced shallot
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 5 tbsp. safflower or grapeseed oil
- - kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a food processor or blender, purée apple, vinegar and lime juice until smooth; strain and discard solids. Whisk in shallot and sugar. Return to food processor; with the blade running, slowly drizzle in oil until mixture is thoroughly emulsified. Season to taste.
- Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.