Mexican Cornbread Salad
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz. pkg. Ranch dressing mix
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Taco Seasoning
- 22 oz. Kowalski's Cornbread, crumbled into chunks and left uncovered to dry out for 1 day, about 5 cups
- 2 cups shredded Kowalski's Mexican Blend Cheese, divided
- 30 oz. pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 oz. frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, dressing mix and taco seasoning; set aside. In a 3-4 qt. straight-sided bowl, layer bread, half of the cheese and half of the dressing. Layer beans, corn, remaining cheese, bacon, tomatoes, peppers and remaining dressing. Cover; chill at least 2 hrs. before serving. Before serving, sprinkle with green onion.
Good to Know: Find Kowalski's Cornbread in the Deli Department.