Chunky Cranberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow raisins
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Stir frequently until mixture is thickened (about 15 min.). May be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 week.
Note: This recipe produces a very thick sauce that is very sweet and fruity with a mild but pronounced spice element and a very mild heat. Cook it less and/or add up to a cup of water for a looser, more traditionally thick sauce.