Mango Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1 ½ cups pure mango juice
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup Kowalski's Pure Honey
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder, or more to taste
- - kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and ginger in oil until onion is soft (about 10 min.). Add mango and lime juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup (about 15 min.). Add remaining ingredients. May be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 week.
Note: This mustard-based recipe produces a loose, glaze-like sauce that is tart-sweet with a very mild heat. Cook it a little more to thicken it, if desired.