Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup cream-style horseradish
- 1 tsp. minced roasted garlic
- - kosher salt to taste
Place potatoes in large saucepan with cold water to cover; add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (20-25 min.). Drain potatoes; add butter. Using hand potato masher, mash potatoes adding half-and-half as needed. Stir in horseradish and garlic; season with salt. Serve immediately.
Good to Know:
- To keep potatoes warm for up to 1 hr. before serving, place in a heatproof bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and set bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Roasted garlic cloves are available on the Olive Bar in the Deli Department.