Salsa di Parma Topped Duchess Potatoes
- 2 lbs. organic red potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Kowalski's Salsa di Parma, divided
Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until tender when pierced with a fork (about 20 min.). Drain potatoes; add milk, butter, egg and remaining salt to pan. Using a hand potato masher, mash potatoes until no lumps remain. Spoon potato mixture into a zipper-closure food storage bag; using scissors, snip off one corner of bag, making a small opening. On a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, pipe potato mixture into 8 circular mounds. Using the back of a teaspoon, make a well in the center of each mound; fill each with 2 tbsp. Salsa di Parma. Place pan in freezer, covered, until potatoes are firm; keep frozen until needed. Bake in a preheated 425° oven until lightly browned on top (12-15 min.). Serve immediately.
- Potatoes hold their shape better during baking if they are baked from frozen.
- Salsa di Parma can be purchased in the Deli Department.