Artisan Bread Dressing with Cranberries, Squash and Pepitas
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 ½ lb. butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, in 1" dice (about 3 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, in 1" dice (1 ½ cups)
- 16 oz. Kowalski's Artisan Croutons, any flavor (about 9 cups)*
- 1/2 cup Kowalski's Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Kowalski's Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
*A note about gluten: When prepared with Rudi's Gluten Free Stuffing instead of Kowalski's Artisan Croutons called for above, this recipe is gluten free.
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, squash and apples; cook, stirring constantly, until onion softens (4-5 min.). Stir remaining ingredients into onion mixture. Scoop mixture into a 13x9" glass baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray; bake, uncovered, in an oven preheated to 350° until heated through (40- 45 min.).
Good to Know:
- Find Kowalski's Croutons in the Bakery or Produce Departments.
- Find Kowalski's Dried Cranberries in the Bulk Foods Section.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Each serving is a good source of these heart nutrients: vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, magnesium and copper.