- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups lentils, soaked, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In large stockpot, sauté onions in oil until they are glossy. Stir in garlic, paprika, celery, carrots and sauté 10 min.
2. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, lentils, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Stir well, then add wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Slowly reduce the heat and cook on low to medium heat until the lentils are tender (about 1 hr.).
3. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan before serving.