Five of our All Natural Sandwich Breads are Good Foods for Good Health certified: Simply Whole Wheat, Honey Whole Grain, Cranberry Walnut, Rustic Pan Rye and White Whole Wheat are now available in the Bakery Department. Pillowy soft Prairie Mills White and Cinnamon Raisin are also available. Like all of the flavors, they're made with no artificial preservatives, no added fat or oil, no eggs or dairy and are sweetened with only honey or molasses. It's simply all natural, wholesome and hearty bread.
Bars are a big part of the Kowalski's bakery story. All of our bars are baked from custom recipes, decorated and cut right at our Central Bakery and shipped daily to each and every one of our locations.
Look for Brownies, Iced Brownies, Nut Goodie Bars, Seven Layer Bars, Mint Bars, Lemon Bars, Revel Bars, Irish Creme Bars and Pumpkin Bars in the Bakery Department.
Selection may vary daily by market.
After extensive, exhausting but delicious research, we've reformulated our handmade, fresh-baked cheesecake to be not just better than ever, but better than any we've tried. Now with a traditional graham crust, this new cheesecake has a luscious, thick-but-still-creamy texture and a just-right, lightly sweet cheese filling. We think you'll agree it's the best around. Try it topped with Kowalski's Lemon Curd and fresh berries (as pictured) for the ultimate indulgence. You'll find our new cheesecake in the Cake Case. It’s available in whole, halves, and of course, slices.
We've taken all the work out of fresh-from-the-oven cookies! These old-fashioned favorites are handmade from family recipes for a comforting, familiar flavor. They are available in a size that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. They're amazingly delicious!
Our cakes are made from scratch using top-quality ingredients. They are delivered fresh to all our stores every day from our Central Bakery.
- Red Velvet Cake - This rich, deep red chocolate cake is covered in a bouquet of ivory roses made from luscious cream cheese icing. It's almost too pretty to eat. (Almost!)
- Chocolate Ganache Cake - This "killer" chocolate cake defines simple decadence. Our super-moist chocolate cake is filled with a generous scratch-made chocolate ganache filling, then iced with more ganache. It's a chocolate lover's dream come true.
- Carrot Cake - Our perennially popular carrot cake is packed with walnuts, raisins, carrots and a touch of sweet pineapple to make this lightly spiced cake supremely moist and delicious. It's iced with real cream cheese icing.
- Champagne Cake - Our white cake is made sweeter and brighter with the addition of real Champagne. The moist, delicate cake is beautifully iced with an airy whipped mousse frosting. Also available topped and filled with real seasonal fruit.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake - Our moist chocolate cake is brushed with lightly salted simple syrup and frosted with a decadent, creamy buttercream with caramel swirled into the frosting. It's impossible to resist!
Selection may vary daily by market.
The real buttercream frosting on our moist cupcakes is Mary Anne Kowalski's recipe, made with 5 simple ingredients: butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. With no preservatives, artificial flavors or additives, it's homestyle frosting the way your mom used to make it. Experience the real buttercream difference!
- White Cupcakes with White Buttercream
- Chocolate Cupcakes with White Buttercream
- Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
When you think of fudge, you probably think of a little candy shop in Duluth or in a small little town that you would visit when you were a kid. This is real "fudge shop" quality candy made locally in North Branch, the traditional way. Look for it in the Bakery Department in good old-fashioned flavors like Original Chocolate, Chocolate Walnut, Maple Nut, and Seasonal varieties.
Selection and availability may vary by market.
Layered with a savory blend of fresh garlic butter, you'll love every rich, buttery bite of this Parmesan-style baguette. From its crisp, flaky outside to the warm, moist flavor on the inside. Enjoy it fresh from the oven or hot off the grill in a matter of minutes.
We've slathered the classic French baguette with our famous Salsa di Parma. You'll love the unbeatable combination of salty Parmesan, tangy Asiago, garlic, oregano, green onion and a bit of pepper. It's ready to devour in just a few minutes in the oven or on the grill.
Nothing says summer has arrived like our family favorite fresh baked fruit half pies. These real fruit pies are made with only the best ingredients, hand-selected from farmers we know and trust – from apple and cherry to peach and boysenberry and everything in between.
An irresistible base recipe made with simple ingredients – flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, vanilla, salt and baking soda – is the secret to these lightly sweet treats. Crispy and delicate, they're still sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of a soft sweet or tangy cheese (we love them with mascarpone or a pungent, salty blue). They're also perfect on their own with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Find them in the Bakery Department.