Catering Chef (Part Time)
A Catering Chef is a governing member of the Catering team and plays an integral role in menu research and development working with Event Planners and customers, thus the position requires a dynamic, customer service oriented and detail-oriented team player. The Catering Chef must have the ability to make quick, responsible decisions while keeping focus on quality and customer service. The Catering Chef should possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with respect and focus on quality. It is also necessary to have excellent communication and time management skills, with strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Flexible hours are necessary as this position is business driven.
- Previous kitchen experience is helpful.
- Ability to take and follow direction.
- Review invoicing and payment system for accuracy and timeliness.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, think ahead, and stay on top of a busy schedule.
- Demonstrate exceptional knife skills.
- Possess basic mathematics skills.
- High energy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about all aspects of food, current on trends and offerings in the marketplace.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Chef Tec.
- Execute all catering orders with a focus on quality and presentation.
- Execute all food orders to Kowalski’s recipe specification.
- Offer concepts for growth, change and improvement.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork according to the systems and procedures in place.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and safety standards.
- Participate in business events and organizations promoting Catering by Kowalski’s throughout the community.
- Respond courteously and immediately to customer inquiries.
- Food handling: 1 year (preferred)
- Serv-Safe certified (preferred)
Please contact Roxanne Kielbasa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-313-6870 with any questions.