What You'll Need
Check Your Pantry For:
- 2 tbsp. peanut, coconut or canola oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (or use a gluten-free tamari to make this dish gluten free)
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 4 oz. bagged fresh haricots verts
- ¼ oz. fresh basil
- ½ cup sweet chile sauce (look for a gluten-free variety to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. chile-garlic paste (If you cannot find a gluten-free chile-garlic paste, you can substitute ¼ tsp. or more of crushed red pepper flakes and add a clove of minced garlic with the vegetables.)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pouches microwaveable jasmine rice, such as Tasty Bite brand
Decaffeinated green tea (hot or iced) is nice and won't keep you up past your bedtime.
Chilled red grapes
Make Dinner Tonight!
- Read through instructions; measure and gather ingredients and equipment.
- Chop red onion into ½" pieces; set aside.
- Rinse and thinly slice bell pepper and green onions (keep separate); set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together chile sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chile-garlic paste; set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1” pieces; set aside.
- In an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering but not smoking.
- Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is browned and nearly cooked through (3-4 min.).
- Add red onion, bell pepper and beans; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender (4-5 min.).
- Add the chili sauce mixture; cook for 1-2 min. until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
Serve It Up:
- Divide rice and stir-fry between 4 plates.
- Garnish with torn basil leaves and green onions.