Welcome to Live Well, our refreshingly positive, can-do program to help you enjoy a vibrant, healthy life. Throughout our stores you’ll find healthful foods, happy gifts, helpful kitchen tools, natural health and beauty product, and resources to help you eat well and be well.
Plan on being surprised and delighted as you discover new flavors, new foods, new products and new ideas that can add fun to your shopping, ease to the day and a sense of strength and balance to your life.
Look for the Live Well logo all over the store.
Live Well Foods
Shelf tags and point-of-sale signs indicate foods that are part of our Live Well program, from breads to yogurts and everything in between. Each Live Well food must meet certain health-focused criteria that science and research have indicated are important.
- We look at foods in their entirety, focusing both on ingredient lists and nutritional content. Foods are tagged if they can contribute positively toward your health. For foods that don't offer much nutritionally, such as salad dressings and chips, we consider the wholesome nature of the ingredients along with the fat, sugar and sodium contribution they make to one's diet.
- We don't include foods that contain artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and ingredients that research questions as healthful.
- We also don't include highly fortified foods. Mother Nature devised a careful synergy amongst the nutrients in our food. Added nutrients may negatively affect that natural balance and potentially affect how well nutrients are used in the body.
- We value and pay attention to how foods are made and favor producers who, like us, care deeply about sustainability and quality and take pride in how their products are grown, raised and created.
Live Well Gifts, Accessories & Tools
The Live Well logo also identifies nonfood products that make life easy, beautiful and fun, contributing to overall well-being.
- Discover health-promoting options in our gift and wellness area, such as essential oils, lotions, soaps, candles and spa-inspired accessories.
- Flowers, plants and other items design to make you happy and which contribute to your well-being are front and center in every store.
- Look for gadgets and tools that make meal preparation a healthful snap, such as air fryers, avocado peelers, herb shredders, corn huskers and more. Cool cookbooks peppered throughout the stores will infuse new ideas into your cooking repertoire.
Live Well Resources
In addition to tags and labels that make it easy to identify Live Well products, you can also:
- Sample Live Well foods showcased during our popular in-store events and regular weekend demos.
- Check out articles written by our nutritionist, who appears regularly in our complimentary in-store publication, At Home with Kowalski's. Many more health-focused articles are also available online.
- Catch our regular media appearances.
- Find Live Well recipes and menus in our in-store kiosk and online.
- Talk to our staff. They're the experts when it comes to sourcing, buying, storing, using and enjoying all the products we sell that help you Live Well.
Meet Our Nutritionist
Sue Moores is a registered dietitian who's "all in" on helping people understand how foods affect health and how to use that understanding to live a better life ...
Submit a Question
Need ingredient information for navigating a food allergy? Looking for sound information on a specific health issue? Curious which food(s) are beneficial for certain health interests? We're here to help!
Kowalski's has partnered with Twin Cities registered dietitian Susan Moores to help give you the most up-to-date, trustworthy, useful food and health information we can. Besides the information ...