Kowalski's Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Salmon
- 1/4 cup Kowalski's Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Honey
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce*
- - Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. skin-on salmon fillet(s)
- - kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- - lemon wedges
- *A note about gluten: Use a gluten-free tamari in place of the soy sauce to make this recipe gluten free.
Combine vinegar, honey, sugar and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 5 min.); skim off foam. Remove sauce from heat and cool to room temperature; set aside. Brush salmon lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper; grill fish, skin side down, over medium-high heat until flaky and fillet measures 125° (10-15 min, depending on thickness of fish). Transfer salmon to a platter, leaving skin behind; squeeze with lemon. Drizzle warm fish with balsamic sauce; serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Calories: 217
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Protein: 25 g
Sodium: 131 mg
A good source of omega-3 fats, plus rich in vitamins D, B6, B12 and selenium.