Basic Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk powder
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1-2 tbsp. water, as needed for desired consistency
- - kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients until well blended; whisk in enough water to reach desired consistency. Season to taste. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Note: 1-2 tbsp. fresh buttermilk can be substituted for the buttermilk powder and water.