- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- - kosher salt, to taste
Cut avocados in half; remove pits. Scoop flesh from one avocado into a medium glass bowl. Mash with a fork; stir in tomato, onion, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro. Cut flesh of remaining avocado into 1/2" cubes. Scoop out of skin into the bowl with the mashed avocado mixture. Sprinkle with lime juice, mixing lightly with a fork until combined but still chunky. Season with salt. Serve with tortilla chips.
Good to Know:
- To ripen avocados, place in a paper bag; leave on the counter at room temperature, checking each day until they reach the desired softness.
- For variety, stir in cooked shrimp, lump crabmeat, chipotle peppers, tomatillos, sliced red radishes or jicama to the finished guacamole.
Nutrition Information Per 1/4 Cup Serving:
Total Calories: 80
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 4 mg
Fiber: 3 g