Peanut Butter Fudge or Buckeyes
- 1 1/2 cups Kowalski's Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb. (about 3 3/4 cups) confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 7 oz. pkg. Baker's Dipping Chocolate (not needed for fudge)
Combine peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook until completely melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; add sugar, stirring quickly until well combined. For Fudge: Pour into an 8" square baking pan lined with parchment paper; smooth surface. Cover with parchment; refrigerate 1 hour, until set. For Buckeyes: Form balls approx. 3/4-1" in diameter; chill until firm (at least 30 min.). Microwave chocolate according to pkg. directions. Dip balls in chocolate to cover bottom 3/4 of each piece. Place dipped candy on a parchment-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set. Store both fudge and buckeyes in the refrigerator, tightly covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Fudge is best served at room temperature.
- For fudge, if you have a second 8" square baking pan, press it gently onto the parchment covering the surface of the warm fudge to create a perfectly smooth top.
- The sugar WILL stir into the peanut butter mixture, but it takes a little effort. You can use an electric mixer if it becomes too hard to stir manually.
A note about gluten: This recipe is gluten free.