- 3 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups cold, cooked Lotus Foods Bhutan Red Rice, or brown rice
- 2 cups cold, cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot enough to instantly evaporate a drop of water. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to wok, tilting to coat surface; heat until very hot. Add eggs; when the edges begin to bubble, push the eggs to the center of the wok until completely cooked, breaking into small clumps. Season with salt; transfer to a covered bowl. Add remaining oil to wok; heat until hot. Add rice and garlic, stirring to coat with oil until heated through (about 3 min.). Stir in remaining ingredients and cooked eggs; serve immediately.
- Add 1/2 lb. leftover cooked shrimp, chicken or pork tenderloin along with the rice.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked carrots, broccoli, green beans or fresh pineapple chunks along with the rice.
- Substitute (or add) 1 tsp. fresh gingerroot for the garlic.
- Add toasted sesame seeds, peanuts or almonds to garnish.