- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 oz. fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 oz. fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- - kosher salt and fresh ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in oil through oil spout until mixture is glossy, very smooth and coats a metal spoon without running off quickly. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, cook rice on the stovetop according to package directions or in a rice cooker according to manufacturer’s instructions. When rice is done, fluff with a fork; toss with chimichurri.
- You can substitute another medium- to long-grain rice or brown rice in this recipe. Try other grains and blends as well.
- You can also use frozen rice; prepare it according to package directions before adding oil and other mix-ins.
- If desired, you can use gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth to cook the rice instead of water. You can also try mixtures of stock and water.