Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- - grated zest of 1 lime
- - juice of 1 lime
- - kosher salt and fresh ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
Cook rice on the stovetop according to pkg. directions or in a rice cooker according to manufacturer's instructions. When rice is done, fluff with a fork; drizzle with oil. Fold in cilantro, zest and juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can substitute another medium- to long-grain rice or brown rice in this recipe. Try other grains and blends as well.
- You can also use frozen rice; prepare it according to pkg. directions before adding oil and other mix-ins.
- If desired, you can use gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth to cook the rice instead of water. You can also try mixtures of stock and water.