Cornbread Dressing with Chorizo
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 11 oz. Kowalski's Cornbread, crumbled, dried out overnight or toasted in a warm oven
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage; crumble and cook 5 min. Add onion, celery and seasonings through sage; cook 5 min. more. Remove from heat; cool mixture to room temperature. Add cornbread, broth and egg to meat mixture; mix well. Pour into an 8x8" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until top is crisp (about 45 min.).
Good to Know: Find Kowalski's Cornbread in the Bakery Department.