- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. hot chile flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained and halved, 1 tbsp. brine reserved
- 1 tbsp. drained capers
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz. can tomatoes, diced or crushed (preferably San Marzano)
- - salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil, garlic and chile flakes; sauté until garlic is softened but not browned. Add olives and capers; sauté 2-3 min. Add Worcestershire sauce, brine and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; simmer 10-15 min. Season with salt and pepper; add basil just before serving. Serve over pasta, polenta, beans, chicken or seafood.
Recipes and photos courtesy of Divina.