- 4 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- - kosher salt and fresh ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
In a food processor, combine 2 tbsp. olive oil with Italian parsley, lemon zest and garlic; process until very finely minced. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, cook rice on the stovetop according to pkg. directions or in a rice cooker according to manufacturer’s instructions. When rice is done, fluff with a fork; drizzle with remaining oil and stir in gremolata.
- You can substitute another medium- to long-grain rice or brown rice in this recipe. Try other grains and blends as well.
- You can also use frozen rice; prepare it according to pkg. directions before adding oil and other mix-ins.
- If desired, you can use gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth to cook the rice instead of water. You can also try mixtures of stock and water.