Overnight Sweet Rolls
- 1 lb. loaf frozen sweet roll baking dough, thawed
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10" rectangle; spread with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over buttered surface. Roll dough up tightly, starting at the 15" side; pinch edge of dough to seal. Cut roll into 12 pieces. Arrange slightly apart, cut side down, in bottom of buttered 13x9" baking pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until double (45-60 min.). Bake in a preheated 375° oven, uncovered, until golden-brown (25-30 min.). Cool in pan 5 min.; invert onto cookie sheet or serving platter. Drizzle with glaze of your choice (below).
- Caramel Pecan Rolls: In small saucepan, heat 1 cup brown sugar and ½ cup butter to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in ¼ cup light corn syrup. Pour into 13x9" baking pan; sprinkle with ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Orange Rolls: In small bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp. grated orange zest. Sprinkle over buttered dough. Proceed as above. In small bowl, combine ½ cup sifted powdered sugar, 2-3 tsp. orange juice and 2 tsp. grated orange zest until smooth.
- Caramel Apple Rolls: Sprinkle 1 cup finely chopped apple over cinnamon sugar on dough before rolling up. Prepare caramel pecan topping and pour in bottom of pan.
- Overnight Directions: After shaping rolls, cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let stand, loosely covered, in warm place until double in size (about 1 hr.). Bake as above.